About Me

My photo
London & Brighton Singer/Songwriter, Writer, Director and occasional actor...whatever really and who the hell cares!

Saturday 20 February 2016

With a little help from my friends...


I am currently underway in the studio at this moment in time! All is going very well so far with Mr producer Chris Myatt. The tracks are sounding very good so far, a lot of work is still needed but it is getting there, I am really excited about finishing it and getting it out there! Roughly we should be finished with recording in the next 2 weeks or so.
I realised I have been talking about it a lot for the past year or so but I am one of those artists that seems to have all their fingers in too many pies, (yummmmyy pie!!).

Speaking of pie, I also like to spend my spare time working on other projects...speaking of which...I have been doing a little bit of harmonica for my good friend, Bad Mother Folker! If you haven't heard him then I strongly recommend you check him out right now (but don't stop reading this blog of course!)

Please check out the Soundcloud link below, it's a new track by Bad Mother Folker called, Imaginary Girlfriend. I play harmonica on this one, I really hope you enjoy as much as I do!
More details are to come of his upcoming EP which I will be featuring on a couple more tracks, watch this space!



Another one to check out, a very dear friend of mine who is no stranger around here, Mr Rhys Bendix-Lewis has started working on a new project called the Blind Spot! Each episode tells very insightful stories shared from real people.
I lent two tracks of mine which you will hear through out the episodes which I am thrilled that he is using.
There have already been 3 episodes so I would recommend you give them a listen and there will be more episodes coming shortly!



And last but by no means least, I also would like to announce that a few weeks ago I got invited to Small Pond studios in Brighton where I contributed some of my Mandolin skills to Jake Martin's upcoming album!
For those of you who don't know him, Jake was the lead singer of Brighton punk band, The Junk, he has just finished working on his new album which is to be released very soon, I am really excited about hearing it in full, I will of course send out some links as soon as I can but for now here is a little teaser down below from his soundcloud, make sure you check it out! (I'm not on this track but check it out anyway as it sounds awesome!)



I would just like to lastly say at what an honour it is to currently be working with such talent and what a joy it is to have my work appreciated by others. Admittedly my confidence has dipped over the past few months or so but it's times like these that actually make realise just why exactly I do this and I just want to say a huge thank you and I do really hope I get to work with more talent very soon!

And also a big thank you for your patience, new record will be coming soon...more details to come!

1 comment: