About Me

My photo
London & Brighton Singer/Songwriter, Writer, Director and occasional actor...whatever really and who the hell cares!

Thursday 9 September 2010

Lights! Camera! ...Ransom!

So I would like to begin my first blog by talking about a short that I finished a couple of weeks ago directed by the fantastic Rhys Bendix-Lewis entitled "Lights, Camera, Ransom!". It is based on an idea that Rhys had whilst at university.


This is pretty much one of the funniest experiences I've had making a short film although I wasn't involved in the zombie scenes. Yes, there are zombies in this ransom movie but I won't give away any of the suprise endings.
Rhys origninally created the backbone of the story and in the rehearsal process, the cast and myself were given the task of completly improvising characters and dialogue. It's been a fun process and although I've only seen snippets, I am very excited about seeing the completed film.  

 


I play a kidnapper, Max, who works alongside Johnny (Tom Clear). Max and Johnny work for Lenny (Dick Douglass) who orders them to kidnap Caroline (Natalie Nelson) and then asks them to make a ransom video. Max being the ambitious Hollywood style director wants to create the greatest ransom movie of all time...with Zombies! Also starring Kirsty Jeffery as Lenny's daughter who happens to return home whilst the cinematic masterpiece is being filmed!

I won't give away much more but the short is now in the process of being edited. Viewings for the short are unknown but I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment