About Me

My photo
London & Brighton Singer/Songwriter, Writer, Director and occasional actor...whatever really and who the hell cares!

Monday 20 September 2010

The Games We Played

Before Lights, Camera, Ransom! This was a short film I was involved with last year, this was how I met Rhys as a director. The Games We Play is a short film that was written by Chris Taylor and the script was a winner of a competion for the End Of The Pier Festival which is an international short film festival held in Sussex run by Bryan Gartside.


I play one of the main character's mates who are involved in an evil bet. Oh and I didn't mention in my last blog, I haven't really mentioned what I actually look like, that is me on the left. Yes I definatley have a lot more hair now as you may have seen in the pics for LCR. In the middle is Tom Clear playing the main villain and on the right is Matthew Winters playing the other sidekick.
Originally I auditioned for Tom's role but he got it and I was actually pleased because I knew he suited it more and I felt happy playing the sidekick and it was a fun role too. It was fun because I'm used to playing nice guys or heroes (would you believe it!).
James Lane who worked with us, a very good camera man indeed, commented on this particualar scene in the picture above and said that my role in this part was very "Benny Hill". I found that an interesting comment indeed!

A quick low down of the story...and again I won't give away any of the suprise endings...and no there aren't any zombies this time! Amy (Arzhia Habibi) is an insecure teenage girl who decides to tag along with her cousin on a night out to try and fit in with a popular crowd. Unable to get into a club, they all find themselves in a dingey old pub to be encountered by some boys. Amy is approached by Simon (Tom Clear) who appears to be a nice guy...or is he?

It was quite a long process, there were ups and downs with the filming process and it caused a bit of a delay in the filming. But there was never a moment where I felt I had to go back to playing a character again, when there were moments of not filming Games We Play and then going back to it, it never felt forced, the company was great to work with and I enjoyed every moment.

The short premiered at the Connaught Cinema in Worthing and it was a fantastic experience for all of us, seeing it on the big screen was very exciting..as well as freaky seeing myself up there. I found myself feeling very nervous about all this and honetsly wondered how the production would look on the big screen.
It was fantastic working with the company who were all brilliant and worked hard, great performances from Hannah Brain, Amy Crosby, Stephanie James, Courtenay Thomas, Natalie Nelson, Dick Douglass and sorry to anyone who else I've forgotten to mention but you were all fantastic too!

And also..as I may have forgotten to mention in my last post, a big mention to Lisa Thorne who provided make up for both Games We Play and LCR. I have worked with Lisa before mnay years ago and remembered how awesome her make up was!

But that is not the end for the short...Games We Play is to be featured at many other film festivals in the near future so I will keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment